Creating a St. Charles Endowment Fund
St. Charles Endowment Funds…
-Provide a measure of excellence for St. Charles Preparatory School which prides itself on offering financial aid for students in need, a strong faculty who serve as excellent role models and a devotion to preserving and maintaining its buildings through thoughtful renovation and refurbishment.
- Are gifts that last forever through wise investment of the fund’s corpus, and using only the income from those investments for the endowment’s designated purposes.
- Continue the proud tradition of forming leaders and stewards of Christian values.
If you would like to establish an endowment or need more information, please contact the school’s Development Office and ask to speak with Michael Duffy, the St. Charles Development Director. He can be reached at (614) 252-9288 extension #20 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Why Establish an Endowment at St. Charles?
-To carry on the 80-year tradition of providing a Christ-centered, college-preparatory education to young men of diverse backgrounds.
- To honor and pay tribute to family members, mentors, and loved ones.
- To simply thank St. Charles for the difference it has made in your life.
How Do Endowments Work?
-All gifts to establish St. Charles endowments are invested in a permanent endowment fund.
- St. Charles endowments are invested in cash, corporate and government bonds, real estate, and stocks.
- St. Charles endowments are designed to grow over time and to keep pace with inflation. In the event the endowment earns more than the yield, the excess is re-invested in the corpus to provide growth and stability.
Types of St. Charles Endowments
-A named endowment fund at St. Charles will provide financial support to one of the school’s many fine academic or extracurricular programs.
-Your name, or that of a loved one, can be affiliated in perpetuity with an endowed scholarship, chair, or building fund, which provides aid to St. Charles students, faculty members, and physical facilities.
-Your named scholarship fund at St. Charles can be based on financial need, parish affiliation, academic performance, or other criteria established by you and St. Charles.
At the present time, the minimum gift amounts required to establish these funds are as follows:
-Endowed Fund – $25,000
-Named Classroom – $50,000
-Campus Improvement Fund – $100,000
-Faculty Enrichment Fund – $100,000
-Chair Fund – $500,000
How Can I Establish an Endowment?
-Make a pledge or gift of at least $25,000;
-Establish an endowment by naming St. Charles in your will;
-Set up a St. Charles endowment account with a cash gift and complete the pledge over five years. Once the account reaches $25,000, the endowment begins producing an annual provision.
St. Charles will also assist its benefactors in the composition of a brief description that details the name of the endowment and the intent of the endowment provision.
Ways to Fund Your St. Charles Endowment
-Appreciated property, such as stocks, bonds, or life insurance policies
Benefits to You, the Benefactor
-A wonderful tribute to recognize loved ones, parents and family members, dear friends, former faculty, and alumni.
- The knowledge that you are making a tremendous impact on future generations of Carolians.
- Peace of mind that your gift will help those less fortunate.
- Membership in the prestigious Borromean Society.
- Tax-wise benefits stemming from your gift.