Click HERE to view the announcement below as a PDF/in a printable version:
Dear Valued St. Charles Family Member,
Although we have faced many challenges at St. Charles Preparatory School, this school year has also created other opportunities to grow and improve. The administration is pleased to have retained the services of Catholic School Management (CSM), a division of Christian Brothers Services, and a highly regarded Catholic school consulting organization that supports the educational ministry of the Catholic Church on a world-wide basis. We partnered with this firm to evaluate all aspects of our school, focusing on how we can capitalize on our existing strengths and identify opportunities to secure the brightest future possible.
The CSM assessment has provided specific recommendations and implementation strategies that will assist our school in future strategic planning. A wide range of aspects of the school have been evaluated, including mission and faith community affairs; administrative, academic and student affairs; and our marketing, communication, enrollment, and development programs.
Catholic School Management has provided information that encourages the leadership of St. Charles to:
- Develop a leadership structure with clearly articulated responsibilities for each role;
- Establish yearly practices of goal setting for each administrative position integrated into an evaluation process;
- Continue to examine curriculum product to market;
- Continue to develop a technology plan;
- Continue to expand the Campus Ministry and service program of the school;
- Continue to promote and monitor effectiveness of diversity and inclusion programming;
- Provide additional support and staffing for students with diagnosed learning differences;
- Develop plans that address finances, facilities, enrollment, and marketing concerns;
- Complete the initial phase of The Vision for the Future, Building Leaders for the Next 100 Years capital campaign, while preparing for future phases of a larger Master Plan.
Thank you to those of you who gave of your time to serve in one the different focus groups providing information as part of the process. We are confident that with these recommendations and the work of critical leadership, St. Charles can continue to provide an excellent education that instills in its graduates the importance of prayer, faith, service, character and hard work in an environment that values diversity, accountability and excellence and that creates an enduring tradition of brotherhood.
James R. Lower, Principal