St. Charles Preparatory School’s Class of 2021 adds 134 new members to the ranks of the alumni! The ceremony comprised of the Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation took place in the Robert C. Walter Student Commons on the evening of Friday, May 29, 2021.
Click HERE to view a copy of the 2021 Graduation Program listing graduates
and their special acknowledgements and awards.
Click HERE to view a selection of more than 50 photos from the event.
St. Charles Preparatory School College Report Class of 2021
Produced by St. Charles College Counselor, Jeffrey S. Stahlman
It is my honor to report on the achievements and college selections for the Class of 2021. It has been a wild year unlike any other I have ever experienced in 32 years. I am proud of our 2021 graduates for their achievements, sacrifices, and positivity. The Class of 2021 has survived the most difficult college admission year of all-time with the selectivity of most colleges reaching all-time highs and the number of admitted students hitting all-time lows. The class of 2021 has distinguished itself in a couple of areas regarding college admissions. First, the Class of 2021 had the highest one-year total of colleges who admitted our students in the past several years (191). Second, they set the record for the number of different colleges they will attend (61). They have made these accomplishments despite being one of our smaller classes with 134 graduates. Students have been admitted to colleges all over the country and will attend schools from Maine (Colby College) to California (Pepperdine, UC San Diego) to Florida (St. Leo) and nearly everywhere in-between. Three students will attend college in the United Kingdom this year – two in England and one in Wales. In fact, 38% of the Class of 2021 will attend college outside of Ohio (another record).
College Admission Data 134 Graduates of the Class of 2021
The Class of 2021 was awarded $1.83 million dollars in usable, first-year scholarships that equate to $12,133 on average per senior.* They turned down much more. Our graduates were offered a total of more than $29 million dollars if prorated over four years. *Scholarships are still being turned in and these numbers are expected to rise.
- 191 different colleges admitted our students (a record).
- Our students will attend 61 different colleges all over the country (a record).
- 38% of our students will attend college outside of Ohio (a record).
- 41% of our students will attend private colleges and universities.
- 85% of our students received an offer of admission to their top choice college.
- 91% of our students received admission offers to their 1st and 2nd choice college.
- 98% of our students received admission to one of their top three choice colleges.
- 12% of our students applied as Early Decision candidates.
- three students will attend college in the United Kingdom at Northumbria University and Hult International Business School in England and at Cardiff Metropolitan University in Wales!
- four seniors became National Merit Finalists, one a National Merit Semi-Finalist and nine were National Merit Commended Scholars.
- COVID-19 has not stopped students from leaving Ohio – 38% of this class intends to attend college outside of Ohio, and farther away than ever. It is a tribute to the adventurous spirit of the young men of the Class of 2021.
Those colleges to which members of the Class of 2021 will matriculate:
Here are the additional colleges to which the members of the Class of 2021 were also accepted: