Supporting a Legacy of Excellence
Help us keep the “Carolian Promise”
The founding mission of St. Charles is predicated on the promise made by our founder, Bishop James J. Hartley, that “No qualified student who could benefit from a St. Charles education would ever be turned away because of a family’s inability to pay tuition.”
Throughout the school’s 91-year history, this has been made possible thanks to the support, sacrifices and significant investment of parents, alumni, religious and lay faculty, students and longtime friends.
This financial support has also allowed St. Charles to maintain and grow its attractive campus, support its athletic teams and establish itself as the area’s preeminent college preparatory school.
Thanks to the generosity of the Cardinal community, the school leads the area in student financial aid. Other funding sources such as our Annual Fund, many endowments, capital campaigns, and the Cardinal Scholarship Walk, help the school make good on its “Carolian Promise.”
St. Charles has an enrollment waiting list, multiple student awards, and a regional and national reputation for producing well-prepared alumni.
But for all its blessings, St. Charles still faces serious challenges into the 21st century. With your continued support we can:
- Continue the enrollment of qualified students from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds;
- Retain the necessary economic and human resources to continue providing quality Catholic education;
- Provide the remuneration necessary to attract and retain a superior faculty;
- Continue to implement needed ongoing technological upgrades;
- Continue to enhance and upgrade academic, co-curricular and athletic facilities.
If you would like more information on the variety of ways to make a gift, visit our “Methods of Giving” page. You are also invited to contact the Alumni & Development Office by phone at 614-252-9288 or Development Director, Mike Duffy, by e-mail at [email protected]