There are several naming opportunities in various locations around the St. Charles campus and are on a first-available basis. They include:
For a gift of $5,000 you can dedicate one of the many limestone benches located outside the Campus Theater Building (10), theRobert C. Walter Student Commons (3), or inside the Monsignor Thomas M. Bennett Courtyard (9). These benches are 42 inches in length, 16 inches deep and 20 inches high and can be engraved in any manner you wish.
Walk of Honor Colonnades Columns:
Just outside the Walter Student Commons– these colonnade columns support the covered walkway above the relocated brick-paver path of the St. Charles Walk of Honor, which was formerly located in the north courtyard. Alumni and St. Charles families will be recognized with a 4-inch by 8-inch bronze plate that will contain the name(s) of the benefactor’s choosing. Each column can be dedicated with a gift of $5,000.
For a charitable contribution of $500, Saint Charles alumni, parents, and friends can now pay tribute to their favorite Cardinal. Dedicate one of the 120 bricks that make up the four walkway insets that are part of Sean P. Reed Plaza just inside the entranceway to the athletic “Home of the Cardinals,” Walt Plank Field.
Each 8” x 8” brick allows up 4 lines of copy, with up 12 characters per line including spaces. This is an ideally-suited recognition of former Cardinal athletes, coaches, captains, managers, and fans of our baseball, football, lacrosse, and soccer programs.
Highly visible to all who enter the stadium, this contribution is fully tax-deductible as provided by law. All proceeds benefit the school’s Turf Field and Stadium Renovation Fund.
If you would like more information on these opportunities, please contact the school’s Development Office and ask to speak with Michael Duffy, the St. Charles Development Director. He can be reached at 614-252-9288 extension #20 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Enrollment growth spurred history of capital projects on St. Charles campus
In July of 1924 work began on the construction of a four-level brick school building at 2010 East Broad Street. Founder Bishop James J. Hartley envisioned that this school, St. Charles Borromeo Preparatory School, would be unique in both purpose and design.
The school opened its doors to students on September 14, 1925 and diplomas were granted to the school’s first graduating class in 1927. Over the next 15 years several buildings and landmarks were added, including Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto, a gymnasium,Mother of Mercy Chapel, a campus theater, and a school building addition for science laboratories and dormitory rooms.
Surging enrollment in the 1980’s led to two major building campaigns and the expansion of the school’s athletic facilities by adding a new baseball diamond and a soccer field. In 1994 the school dedicated its new football field, bleachers, and press box.
In 2005 ground was broken on the site of the old north courtyard for a student convocation center and a student services center. Less than one year later, in November 2006, the Robert C. Walter Student Commons and the St. Charles Student Services and Fine Arts Center were dedicated. Every student in the school uses the Walter Student Commons on a daily basis for lunch and frequently uses the Student Services Center for the school’s guidance office, nurse’s office, computer classrooms, art room and music room.
In the summer of 2008 a new multi-sport athletic field, namedWalt Plank Field, was added. The stadium improvements project also featured a handsome new front entrance with four ticket booths, two new dugouts complete with storage areas, and a new concessions area. Parents of St. Charles students helped lead the way for that $1.1 million fundraising project.
All these improvements, in conjunction with an enrollment waiting list, multiple student awards, and a regional and national reputation for producing well-prepared alumni, have allowed St. Charles to maintain its status as the area’s preeminent college preparatory school.